The following links and ideas are here to support your child’s learning at home:
To Follow: 6 easy and simple play ideas using common house hold items.
Muzzy – The BBC created this video based tool for learning several different languages. They offer animated, story-based videos that teach children English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese and Korean.
Fiction Express – This tool modernizes reading books by connecting children to professional authors and giving the choice of the direction of the story to the children.
www.vooks.com/parent-resources Vooks is a great resource to use in the home with your children. Vooks is a streaming library of ad-free, kid-safe animated read-aloud storybooks, trusted by teachers and enjoyed by millions of children around the world every week. It is an entire library of storybooks, brought to life, to help encourage the love of reading. You can sign up for Vooks and use the take-home resources to help keep your children reading 20 minutes a day.
Physics Central – This organisation has created a historically accurate physics comic book about Nicholas Tesla. It’s a fun way to get your child interested in physics.
Physics Classroom – On this website you can find lots of online and offline resources surrounding physics. From handouts to video’s and interactive concept builders, there is sure to be something that your child will like.
www.languageangels.com – Visit the website and select the Pupil games area tab at the top of the page.
Our username is Leverhulmeps and the password is 2020.
Resources for at-home learning
Tools to help parents and caregivers keep children focused and learning at home.
- 17 Apps to Help Kids Stay Focused
- Apps That Act Like Math and Science Tutors for Homework Help
- Free Educational Apps, Games, and Websites
- Top Time-Management Apps
Twinkl are offering every parent in England access to all Twinkl resources with a One Month Ultimate Membership, totally free of charge.
Setting this up is really easy to do – go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
Twinkl Home Learning Packs
Our EYFS Home Learning Packs can be found here.
Our KS1 Home Learning Packs can be found here.
Our KS2 Home Learning Packs can be found here.
Our SEND Home Learning Pack is available here.
- When everything feels overwhelming, check out tips for taking in rapidly changing news.
- De-stress together with meditation apps for kids and families.
- Get the blood flowing and elevate the mood with these 25 dance games (you might need to buy a special control from Amazon).
- Apps, websites, and video games that inspire running, jumping, and more to stay active.
- Don’t forget to enjoy a device-free dinner or two.