|Overview of the curriculum
||Transport/ Things that move
- Subjects included: Communication & Language, Physical Development, Understanding the World, Maths.
|Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Children’s relationships with peers
- Encouraging independence in self-care
- Visits to nursery for those who will be transitioning in September
|Communication and Language
- Listening to short stories
- Building on listening and attention skills.
- Transport sound CD’s
- Nursery rhyme box- Wheels on the bus. row your boat
- Outdoor listening walk (environmental sounds)
- Toilet training for those children that are ready.
- Encouraging basic hygiene routines e.g. washing hands.
- Building towers using up to ten bricks.
- Dough disco
- Building dens
|Understanding the World
- Talking about summer- what happens in summer?
- Airport role play
- How do we travel?
- The wheels on the bus book
- Duck in the truck
- Number songs including: 5 little ducks, 5 little speckled frogs and 5 little men
- Counting objects to 10.
Shape and space:
- Fitting shapes into spaces on inset boards.
- Continue exploring shapes, including; circle, square, triangle.
- Exploring language of size big/small.
- Sorting sets
|Expressive Art and Design
- Exploring the sounds of different musical instruments.
- Sticky kids- moving our bodies to music.
- Junk modelling transport
- Dipping cars/ trains in paint to make tracks
- Mark-making in shaving foam
- Collaging transport